The BT 7610 phone is another of BT’s impressive portfolio of home phones. It is a GAP compatible DECT ( digital ) cordless telephone with a built in answering machine which has been made for ease of use, performance and accessibility.
About the Phone
The call handling features of the 7610 include a respectable 50 number call log and 30 number redial facility. It also has a useful alarm and calendar which add to the all round functionality this phone brings to the home phone. The phone, rather than being limited to a series of beeps can also emit a wide variety of pleasing polyphonic ringtones.
Additional features of the 7610
The BT7610 is able to send and receive text (SMS) messages, and the answer machine ( 30 minutes recording time ) can be set to two out going messages as well as call screening and remote access ( though change your pass code if one of the daily papers may be interested in your life.
The BT 7610 has been designed to incorporate accessibility features for the following :
- for those with impaired vision there is a large and clear monochrome screen
- the large and tactile buttons are easy to use for anyone withy visual or mobility issues
- the telephone is easy to set up and operate with simple one touch buttons for main operations
- if you subscribe to caller display services you can use the Nuisance call blocking features which can minimise unwanted sales calls from withheld or blacklisted numbers
- the handsfree speakerphone allows full two way speech without having to grip the handset
- a backlit screen makes the display clearly legible in all light conditions
- the keypad is lockable to prevent accidental calls
Further to these the phone, being GAP and DECT can be expanded to up to a four handset multi handset system giving you the freedom to place a phone anywhere in the home you may like.